“….Our civilization like a starship sent into space, travels towards a not-doing society, a society of being where the value of ideas and creativity in thinking prevail on action. The next psychological revolution will produce the shift to a more evolved economy, more subtle and intelligent, to a more efficient, idealistic and concrete capitalism, at the service of life on earth and of the evolution of man.
In this economy individuals inspired by an “ethical objectiveness” will emerge, cells of a new humanity, capable of nurturing the dream of a global economy and of a politics of a planetary responsibility, people aware that individual, personal improvement is the basis for every progress made in society. ..”
From ‘Economy is a Way of Dreaming’, by Elio D’Anna, Founder and President, European School of Economics
THE PROGRAMME AIMS TO:
- provide a coherent, broad based programme of study of political and economic history, theory and organisations and their management and their growth within the context of a changing external environment;
- provide an understanding of how values are allocated and resources are distributed and contested on the local, sectoral, national, regional and global levels.
- place questions of political and international order and disorder, decision-making and political contestation at the centre of analysis
- develop in students a capacity to think critically and independently about events, ideas and institutions
- provide new ideas that will be the seeds of development for independent thinking and creation of visionary leaders
The Bachelor of Science in International Economics and Political Science (BSc Hons) is a three-year, full-time course with two pathways – one in Leadership and the other in Diplomacy. All of the ESE undergraduate Bachelor degree programmes are taught in English and have a standard 360 UK/180 ECTS credit structure and can be studied under the permission of the academic.
The two required internships may be in one of the affiliated companies seen below in the ESE’s Internship Programme section – these are only some of the 1500 companies with whom we are affiliated.
Students will also have the added advantage of being able to pursue their programme in any of the ESE campuses, whether London, Milan, Florence, Madrid or Rome. They will have the unique opportunity to transfer between campuses on a per term or per year basis, experiencing the same programme in multiple international contexts and cultures.
Students may transfer from similar undergraduate courses with a maximum of 240 credits.
Completion of the programme requires:
- Study of a foreign language
- Two internship placements
- Final Project related to the chosen specialisation
- Choice of Full or Part Time study modes with compulsory attendance
Year 1 Specialisation in Leadership and Diplomacy
- History of Political Thought
- Economics for Business
- Quantitative Methods for Business
- Sociology of Work and Organisation
- International Relations ( LEADERSHIP )
- Integral Personal Development ( DIPLOMACY )
- 1st Internship
- Study Skills, Report Writing and Presentations
- ESE Ethos
- Preparation for the Workplace
Year 2 Specialisation in Leadership and Diplomacy
- Environmental Policy
- Political Decision Making
- New Media for International Politics
- European Institutions
- Law, Politics and the international System ( DIPLOMACY )
- Motivation and Teamwork ( LEADERSHIP )
- 2nd Internship
- Computer Skills
- ESE Ethos
- Research Methodology
Year 3 Specialisation in Leadership and Diplomacy
- International Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
- International Security
- Negotiations and Crisis Management ( DIPLOMACY )
- International Strategic Management ( DIPLOMACY )
- International Trade and Financial Markets ( DIPLOMACY )
- Leadership ( LEADERSHIP )
- Integral Personal Development ( LEADERSHIP )
- Environmental Economics ( LEADERSHIP )
- Final Business Plan/Project
- Creative Thinking
- ESE Ethos
- Business Plan/Final Project Development Workshop
Request more information
Please fill out this contact form to receive additional information.