All international students that want to study at the European School of Economics in Italy have to provide proof that they have either the legal right or legal permission from the Italian government to study in Italy.


If you are a European citizen, you do not have to apply for either a study visa or for a Residence Permit, but must provide a valid copy of your passport or national ID.

If you are a non-European citizen, you must have a study visa and apply within 8 days for your residence permit.

During your enrolment process, our Student Service Department will provide you with some important information about your stay in Italy.
They will assist all of our International students to understand what documents have to be collected before applying for a visa according to the official Visa website “Visto Per L’Italia”.
Please note that it is the student’s responsibility to start the Visa process in due time. Considering that it could be a long process, we advise students to apply on time.
Citizens of the following countries  applying for a Short Course programme do not need a study visa, as students may stay in Italy for under 90 days without a visa.

Locations and contact information